Class 9 Matter In Our Surroundings Important Questions
Important Questions Notes NCERT Solutions MCQ Quiz – 1 MCQ Quiz – 2
Matter In Our Surroundings Important Questions
- Why do we see water droplets collected on the outer surface of a container containing ice cold water?
- Explain why temperature remains constant during interconversion of states of matter?
- Why do people sprinkle water on the roof after a hot sunny day?
- Why is ice at 273 K more effective in cooling than water at the same temperature?
- What produces more severe burns, boiling water or steam?
- What do you mean by sublimation? What is dry ice?
- What is evaporation? Write the factors influencing evaporation.
- Differentiate between evaporation and boiling.
- Why does the temperature of a substance remain constant while changing from one state to another state even when heat is being supplied to it continuously?
- Convert the following temperatures to Fahrenheit scale:
- 40 oC
- 423 K
- A diver is able to cut through water in a swimming pool. Identify which property of matter is working here?
- What do you mean by diffusion? Why diffusion becomes faster at higher temperature?