Class 10 – Constructions – Important QuestionsImportant Questions Previous Years Questions
Constructions – Important Questions
- Construct a triangle similar to a given triangle ABC with its sides equal to 3/4 of the corresponding sides of the triangle ABC (i.e., of scale factor 3/4).
- Draw a line segment of length 7.6 cm and divide it in the ratio 5 : 8. Measure the two parts.
- Draw a right triangle in which the sides (other than hypotenuse) are of lengths 4 cm and 3 cm. Then construct another triangle whose sides are 5/3 times the corresponding sides of the given triangle.2
- Draw a triangle ABC with side BC = 7 cm, ∠ B = 45°, ∠ A = 105°. Then, construct a triangle whose sides are 4/3 times the corresponding sides of Δ ABC.
- Draw a line segment AB of length 8 cm. Taking A as centre, draw a circle of radius 4 cm and taking B as centre, draw another circle of radius 3 cm. Construct tangents to each circle from the centre of the other circle.
- Draw a circle of radius 8 cm. From a point 12 cm away from its centre, construct the pair of tangents to the circle and measure their lengths.
- Let ABC be a right triangle in which AB = 6 cm, BC = 8 cm and ∠ B = 90°. BD is the perpendicular from B on AC. The circle through B, C, D is drawn. Construct the tangents from A to this circle.