Class 10 Acids, Bases and Salts Previous Years QuestionsPrevious Years Questions Notes Important Questions
Acids, Bases and Salts Previous Years Questions
- If 10 ml of H2SO4 is mixed with 10 ml of Mg(OH)2 of the same concentration, the resultant solution will give the following colour with universal indicator: [1 Mark] [CBSE 2020]
- 2 mL of sodium hydroxide is added to a few pieces of granulated zinc metal taken in a test tube. When the contents are warmed, a gas evolves which is bubbled through a soap solution before testing. Write the equation of the chemical reaction involved and the test to detect the gas. Name the gas which will be evolved when the same metal reacts with dilute solution of a strong acid. [3 Marks] [CBSE 2018]
- The pH of salt used to make tasty and crispy pakoras is 14. Identify the salt and write a chemical equation for its formation. List its two uses. [3 Marks] [CBSE 2018]
- State the effect of concentration of H+ (aq) ions on the nature of the solution. Do basic solutions also have H+ (aq) ions ? If yes, then why are these basic? [3 Marks] [CBSE 2019]
- Write the chemical formula of washing soda. How can it be obtained from baking soda ? List two industries in which washing soda is used for other purposes than washing clothes. [3 Marks] [CBSE 2019]
- A chemical compound ‘X’ is used in the soap and glass industry. It is prepared from brine.
- Write the chemical name, common name and chemical formula of ‘X’.
- Write the equation involved in its preparation.
- What happens when it is treated with water containing Ca or Mg salts? [3 Marks] [CBSE 2020]