New Education Policy 2020 : At A Glance
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the New Education Policy (NEP). Understand the new education policy at a glance with the help of following key highlights:-
- 10+2 board structure is dropped
- New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
- Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School , 12 onwards Graduation
- Any Degree will be 4 years
- 6th std onwards vocational courses available
- From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects
- All graduation course will have major and minor
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination he can choose
- All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
- UGC and AICTE will be merged.
- All Universities government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules.
- New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change
- Same level of Accreditation to any collage , based on its rating collage will get autonomous rights and funds.
- New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for preschool 3 to 6
- Multiple entry and exit from any course
- Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes break in course and come back again to complete course
- All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year
- The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only
- More focus on students’ practical and application knowledge
- For any graduation course if student completes only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he complete full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will be wasted if he break the course in between.
- All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by single authority with capping on each course.
To understand the new education policy in details, click https://brainigniter.in/news/new-education-policy-of-india-2020/